Thursday, November 8, 2007

Broken Record

I got a reply 1&1 Internet again. Everything seems to be running in loops. In fact, the rep that replied me happened to be one of the reps that responded to me 30 days ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Kenneth Yu, (Cust:(deleted))

Thank you for contacting us.

Your name is on the account, so legally you are responsible for it.

If you wish to cancel your package please visit https://cancel.1and1.com and use your Customer ID and password to login.

At the end of the process you will need to activate your request. In order to do so, you will receive an e-mail message with a special link which you will need to click to complete the process.

If you do not receive the e-mail with the confirmation link e-mail within a few hours of completing the cancellation, please notify us ASAP.

Please note that if you do not receive this e-mail and click on the link within (7) seven days of the request, your cancellation request will not complete and your services will remain active.

Your refund will be based on our refund policy per the terms and conditions of your account and will be processed within 14 days of your cancellation requests effective date.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely
Jim R******

Billing Department
1&1 Internet Inc.


You can also contact us via phone at (877) 300-8316
from 9am till 5pm EST Monday to Friday

--------------------------------------------------------------------
So he is sticking to the "please go to admin page" response again. I can't keep track how many times they've told me to do that. Here is how I responded.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim,

I am fully aware that my name is on the account and I am doing what I can to cancel the account and your company simply refused to cancel. This is exactly what happened last time and your company reaped the benefit of it by delaying the process and continue to charge my ccount. In fact, I have also dealt with you a month ago. Again, as I have stated in my previous emails. I do NOT have the password access the administration page, but that's really outside the scope of this discussion. There should not be a charge after the termination anyway. If you so insist that the termination did not go through, then please explain why there was a partial refund to my credit card a month ago?

I will list my concern in point form so you and the other internet support can understand me better.
1. I do not have the password to the account, so I cannot access the administration page. Please do not ask me to go to that website.
2. I do not have access to the email address registered with that account, so I cannot retrieve the password. Please do not ask me to click on the link.
3. This account had already been terminated 30 days ago and a refund was issued as proof of termination.
4. You continued to charge my credit card after termination. This is fraudulent misconduct.
5. You have less than 48 hours to resolve this issue.

Please do your homework before you reply to this email, or you will just make an idiot out of yourself. On the other hand, I suggest you escalate this issue to you supervisor or your head of customer service as you and the other representatives failed to comprehend what seems to be simple English. I have begun to collect evidence on this case. My loss is minimal, but I do know that there are other victims out there experiencing the same abuse from 1&1 internet.


Kenneth Yu

------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I also sent an email to the complaints department. Don't say that I haven't given them chances to make this right.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Representative,

My customer ID is: (deleted). After countless conversations with your incompetent billing department internet support. I feel it would be the right thing to do to file a formal complain with 1&1 Internet before I do so with BBB, consumerist.com and eventually publish my findings on internet mass media.

You can find the details yourself through you response ticket log. I will summarize the important bits here. About 2 month ago I was charged for an unexpected auto-renewal of web hosting of my cousin's hosting. I emailed and called to have this refunded, but was delayed due to the fact that I had no access to the password or the email registered with his account. With my cousin out of the country 1&1 continued to delay the refund transaction and ended up charging me for the days. Eventually I received a partial refund and was promised not to worry about any future charges as all accounts related to the credit card have been terminated.

30 days later, I found once again your company has charged my credit card without authorization or notification. The billing department has went back on their words and stated that the account was never canceled, yet they could not explain why there was a refund prior to this charge. All efforts made to communicate with the billing department ended up with frustration as they only know two types of responses: 1. Please go to administration page, 2. Please click on termination link.

I have come to the conclusion that the simplest of refund request cannot be handled by your company. The level of customer service have been the worst I have seen.


Sincerely,

Kenneth Yu
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue on:
11/09/2007 --- Help on the Way


No comments: