Monday, November 12, 2007

Cheating Service Level

I just received a reply from the billing department of 1&1 Internet...of absolutely nothing. That's right. It's getting a bit comical, they managed to sent me an email with my original message inlined and no additional content. This is hilarious. I wonder what will come next.

They probably didn't really want to reply to the email, but it's been sitting in their email queue, so they got rid of it by replying with nothing. I know, because I was a clerk in a Customer Service department in my last job. Now the email is at the end of the queue. The agents have satisfied the max queue time service level by simply doing nothing. So when the customer service department calculates their stats, it LOOKS good.

I am still struggling with the idea of publishing this blog on Digg.com. I don't want to be a whiner, but I hope the other people will have a chance to see how the biggest hosting company handles accounts and customer service. There is a good chance that this blog will be buried easily since my case seems so insignificant.

On the side note, I have heeded to my friend's legal advice and changed the name of the blog to 1&1 Internet Exposed, instead of 1&1 Internet Fraud before the blog goes public to avoid the slightest chance of them suing me for defamation. I was also careful by refraining from using logos. Some companies can sue you silly for doing that, especially when you have a bone to pick with them.

Continue to: 11/14/2007 --- Feedback

No comments: