Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Fraud

I arrived in Japan a little over 1 month ago, still having a hard time adjusting to the new life style after years of being away from school. I occasionally check for my bank statements as I am a self-financed student without any scholarship. I worked so I could go back to school again.

Then I saw another charge of $5.84 on my master card from 1&1 Internet. This nightmare continues to haunt me. I am in Japan, dealing with an American company putting fraudulent charges on my Canadian master card. Can this situation get more difficult?

I am on the other side of the world now, there is no way I want to go through the same horrible phone support over long distance calls. I sent them another email:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Representative,

My Customer ID number is (deleted) and (deleted). A little over a month ago I've gone through quite the trouble with your company and my credit card company to obtain the refund on unauthorized charges to my credit card. At the end of the ordeal I had agreed to take a partial refund and halt my credit dispute with my credit card company. As the customer service representative indicated over the phone, there was to be no further charge to my account for any of the domain names as they had been DELETED and my credit card information should have been REMOVED.

Much to my surprise I found another amount on my credit card at the end of October, one month after the deletion of all domains. This is grossly unprofessional of your company. I ask again that you process a full refund immediately on item reference number: (deleted) and REMOVE my credit card information from you database. Please reply immediately to this email.

Sincerely,

Kenneth Yu

----------------------------------------------------------------
Then look at this idiotic reply.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Kenneth Yu, (Cust: (deleted))

Thank you for contacting us.

Our records show that you never activated the cancellation process by clicking on the link in the cancellation confirmation e-mail you received at (deleted) @gmail.com. You will continue to be charged on your Instant domain until you click on that link. If you haven't received it yet, please go to https://cancel.1and1.com, go to status, and you can request to have the confirmation e-mail resent.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

--
Sincerely
Tanisha R*****
Billing Department
1&1 Internet Inc.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Here we go with the links again. I lost my patience and actually made a threat for the first time and I am dead serious about this threat. I will proceed to sign up with skype and continue this battle for as long as it takes.
----------------------------------------------------------------

As I have stated a month ago, the second account number does not belong to me. It belongs to my cousin, who is no longer in the country. I had try contacting him numerous time but received no reply. I have no access to his email account or his administration page, so please stop asking me to click on any link or go on any administration page. The bottom line is, this is my credit card and the transaction was not authorized.

If you look on my record you will find that there was a partial refund on the 6 month contract. A month ago I had already taken a step back and allow you to charge me for the month in which we were dealing with the situation. This case has gone up to the customer service
supervisor and I had spoken to 2 representative in billing and one in cancellation. Please use your common sense and see that I had asked for a refund only because I wished to terminate the domains.

At the stage if the situation is not resolved within 48 hours, I will contact my credit card company and take you to court over this fraudulent conduct. Please see the light and save us both some time.

Kenneth Yu

Continue on: 11/08/2007 --- Not Alone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow that's a hard situation, it's very stressful when you don't realize what the bank is charging you. kamagra jelly