Friday, November 9, 2007

PC Financial

I called collect from my dorm public phone to PC Financial Master Card. It was nice to talk to to an English-speaking representative after being bombarded with Japanese for the past few weeks.

I expressed to Monica from PC Financial about my concerns that 1&1 Internet will send out their collection agency minions to hurt my credit rating and harass my family in Canada. Monica assured me that 1&1 internet does not have the right to do so and since I have already paid them for the service and I am merely disputing it. So I went through with the dispute. She also advised that I should cancel my credit card if they continue to charge it.

This $5.86 has been the ONLY charge made to my credit card since I left for Japan. I spent a lot of time with 1&1 Internet to ensure that there would be no financial ties to my card because I only planned to keep use this card for emergency. Little did I know that by not cancelling the card caused me so much grief.

I am grateful though, that at least the PC Financial staff is assisting me in this somewhat isolated situation I am in right now. May justice prevail.

With things set in motion, I wrote 1&1 Internet another email to let them know how things are going:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
1&1 Representative,

This is regarding case number: (deleted). My customer ID is: (deleted). There has been no communication from you billing department since my last request 48 hours ago. My email to your complaints department also has gone unanswered. I have some good news for you and hope this will expedite the resolution.

I have obtained access to my cousin's email and in turns, access to the administration page. I have put through and activated the termination process. Hopefully this will be enough to stop you from mentioning "Please click on the link," or "Please go to admin page" in every single one of your response to me.

Even though the termination should go without hiccups, I still feel that your company lack the decency to issue me a refund. Therefore I have filed for a dispute with my credit card like I said I would. The good news is, the amount is only for $5.86CAD. A company as big as 1&1 Internet will hardly suffer if the dispute shall rule in my favor.

The next step is to file a complaint against 1&1 Internet with BBB, but the good news is, the BBB rating of 1&1 Internet is already rock-bottom, my mere complaint cannot possibly hurt it more. Yet for the sake of argument I will go through with it if the issue is not resolved.

Right now I am in touch consumerist.com, hoping they will launch a full-scale investigation on the legitimacy of 1&1 Internet's business practice, but the good news is, they are very busy so probably it won't happen very soon. With that being the case, I have made this little blog to document all that goes on in this case. It is my plan to submit it to Digg.com, but the good news is, a small fry like me probably won't stir up any controversy.

http://1and1exposed.blogspot.com

I hope you will get back to me with some good news too. My loss is a mere $5.86CAD or $5.86 + 4.37 if you include the pro-rated fee you take away from my first refund. It will be interesting to see how much resources your company is willing to dispense in fighting with me.

Kenneth Yu

--------------------------------------

Continue on: 11/11/2007 --- BBB

1 comment:

Bill Orr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.