Friday, November 9, 2007

Help on the Way

When I was able to reached my cousin about the termination of his hosting account 2 weeks ago. I had asked him to click on the link in his gmail to complete the termination. After the incident rolled out yesterday, I sent another email to him asking him to give me password to his administration and gmail account, something I would never ask from anybody.

He replied today apologizing that he didn't finish the termination process last time, but he said he clicked on the link today. Also he gave me his password to his gmail account if the termination does not go through. This will hopefully satisfy 1&1 Internet's obsession with link-clicking. Hopefully this will also ensure that they will never ever charge my credit card again.

After going through all the correspondence from 1&1 Internet in my cousin's gmail account. I have to say there was plenty of communication to the email account I had no access to. The last charge to my credit card is actually for the domain name. Not for web space hosting as this has been canceled. Although they promised to to severe all ties to my credit card, they failed to terminate this domain 30 days ago.

Why don't I cancel my credit card all together? I have read that people were harassed by 1&1 and their credit collection minions when they fail to process a payment due to the wrong credit card expiry date. If I am to cancel my card, I am sure they will harass my Canadian residence and attempt to hurt my credit rating.

But let just focus the issues at hand. I am really not going after them for the $5.86 CAD, but I am going after them for holding my credit card information hostage and charging it whenever they feel like without merit. After supplying sufficient proof to them, they still refused to cancel.

Judging from my cancellation experience a month ago, it does not end when you have activated the termination. 1&1 will refuse to refund the $5.86 which they have so wrongfully charged in the first place. By being persistent they hope you will give up so they can swallow the amount without providing any service.

On the other hand, someone from consumerist.com has replied me, saying they will check it out. I don't expect an investigation from them anytime soon, as they are a very busy organization helping people who suffered from worse scams everyday. Yet its nice to know that things are going uphill from now on.

Continue on: 11/10/2007 --- PC Financial

No comments: