Sunday, November 18, 2007

Card Cancellation

I really liked this President Choice Financial Master card. I got it from the local Supermarket many years ago when I was still in university. It offered 1% cash back in the form of grocery points. I've gotten a binocular (which I still have) and a lot of food with the points. I brought it with me to Japan as an emergency measure.

This is some sort of defeat I guess, but I feel okay about it. The time has come for me to let go. I've done all I could to fight this company. Being a student in a foreign country has somewhat limited the amount of energy I can spend on this, but enough is enough. I can sleep soundly knowing that I held my composure in this frustrating time.


Let it be known that 1&1 Internet still has not replied, not to mention any sort of apology. They got what they wished for though: I am letting this case slide away. PC financial has given me nothing but great service. They didn't even try to persuade me to keep the card. They knew my situation and knew what was best for my situation. Of course, they also knew that I've been a loyal customer for the past 5-6 years. I know I am going to apply for another one once I am back in Canada.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going through the exact same thing - waiting on a refund they say cannot be refunded. Even though the bill is for the next three months and I want to cancel the service, they will not allow the cancellation to go through until the three months is up. These people are crooks! I am suprised there has not been a class action lawsuit against them! Anyone know a good lawyer?